Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

Well this has been a very slow week as far as the training runs go. Not really much to say.
On Monday we ran for 3.1 miles. A nice 5k at lunch time with some buddies at work. This ended my monthly running stats at 52.91 miles. Not too bad.
On Wednesday to start the month of July we did 3.23 miles. I must say I really enjoy running at lunch time. It forces me to get up and away from my desk and the company is great as well. I do wish we had a shower to use. There is one in the girls bathroom, but now that we have females working here it is very hard to use it.
I did not do my scheduled Saturday long run as we were in Busch Gardens for the 4th of July holiday weekend. We did a lot of walking so I figured I would be ok. I must say that I am glad that today is a running day for me. I am starting to get those feelings of "I must run". Its not a bad feeling but I finally understand what some people go through when they get injured and can not run for a while. This makes me take a step back and really start to review my running so that I make sure I don't injure myself. I will have to make sure that I keep my pace slow today. I can just feel myself wanting to burst out of the gates like a bat out of hell.
Like I said not much going on now. I will post again in a week.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment