Friday, August 2, 2013

Bike to work day

Ok, so this a post that is long over due.
On May 17th it was bike to work day.  Last year I rode half way in and then rode all the way home from work.  It was a good day.
This time I was hell bent on ridding to and from work.  I was ready for it.  Had my nutrition and hydration all set up.
My wife was also interested in biking to work.  The good thing is that she is on the way to my work, so I would follow her in and make sure she got to work ok then I would be on my way.
It worked out well. 
She rides slower then me but that is ok.  There was only one questionable road that we had to travel on to get to her work that is the main reason why I followed her in. 
I dropped her off at her work and went on my way. 
So after making sure that she got to work safe I picked up the pace and made my way in.
It was a great morning and really there were no issues. 
Rode by a couple of "pit stops" and made my way to my pit stop that I registered for. 
Signed in and continued on my way.
Again, the morning ride was great, and the day went on great. 

At the end of the day it was time to head home.  It was a great ride home as well.  No issues.  I was really worried that I was going to get a flat on the way in or on the way home. 
There were a fair amount of people ridding in the morning, but not that many going home. 

I am looking forward to next year as well.  I have really enjoyed the biking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment