Friday, March 12, 2010

My motivation for the Shamrock - an open letter

You have the opportunity to be a powerful influence on the lives of other people, no matter your position in life. ~ V.J. Smith

If you are receiving this email it is to thank you, but before I get into it let me back up a bit. Whether you knew it or not back in November 2009 I decided to make a goal of running in and completing a full Marathon. That day has come in the form of the Shamrock Marathon on March 21st in Virginia Beach, VA.



Over the course of my training I have received well wishes and words as well as actions of encouragement from you which has helped me get through the "tough" times during training.



I will keep this short, maybe, as I started writing this about 3 weeks before the marathon and have found myself re-reading and editing it from time to time.



Again I just wanted to say thank you. I could not have done it with out you. As I run along I will be thinking of each of you separately for each one of those miles. This will help me to remember that if the goings get tough that you were there for me during my training and that you are there for me now.

I will say that I am not that focused on a completing it in a specific time, however rest assured it will be a PR (person record)!



I will end now by taking a quote and revising it just a bit..... I have created a goal, and I have made it my BITCH! (thank you Trilogy boys)



Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment