Monday, May 25, 2009

So Begins the Training


Well so begins the training. I have commited to running in the Baltimore Running Festival. I have commited to doing my first half marathon. If it goes well I will look at doing the full marathon next year.
I have been following the taining that I downloaded for the Marine Corp Marathon. So this past week I ran a total of 7.88 miles. I feel really good. Most of my runs have been very good, except for Wednesday. I was just not into it, but I went out at lunch and ran for half an hour. I believe it actually helped me get through the rest of my day.
So aside from following the training program I am going to try to do some biking to work. Well at least some of the way. It is just a little too far for me to bike all the way, yet.
We have a Wii and have been working out with Maya on My Fitness Coach. It has been quite enjoyable but also tough. We have also been doing some work with the Wii fit, but honestly I don't like it as much as working with Maya.
I actually can not believe how much I am enjoying the running and the working out.
More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment