Monday, June 1, 2009

Week of the 5k


Well today is Monday. I was suppose to post yesterday but the day got busy.
On Sunday I got up early and went to Mass. I was planning on going Saturday night but that is another story. Came home from Mass and worked out with Maya (My Fitness Coach on the Wii). She kicked my butt. When I finished or rather when Maya finished with me it was time to pick up my son who was returning from camping with the Boy Scouts. He earned his fishing merit badge. Came home and it was his turn to bring the tent home so I assisted him with setting it up so that it can dry out. About that time my wife and daughter came home from camping with the Girl Scouts at Hershey Park. It was then time for everyone to get cleaned up so that we could go to a High School Graduation Party. It was about an hour and a half drive away. So we got back very late and everyone was very tired.
So this is why I am posting now instead of yesterday.
My training last week went well even with Memorial Day weekend. I ran a total of 12.21 miles. This does not include the 4 miles I ran during lunch today. I am starting to enjoy taking off in the middle of the day at work for a quick run. It helps to relieve the stress.
Well I am running in the A Day at the races on Saturday. It is a 5 k that is billed as "A family-friendly event with abundant prizes, 5 year age groups, and a cross country course using the equestrian trails and a few natural obstacles". I was originally thinking that the natural obstacles that it refers too would be horse poop, but I was told that it might be logs that the horses jump over. We shall see. Either way it should be a good time. The family will be participating in the 1 mile family fun run after the 5k. The 5k starts at 8:30 and the fun run starts at 9. I am hoping that I will be done with the 5k and be able to do the fun run with them. That would give me a new PR in my 5k. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment