Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Week Three

So Week three is done.
It was a little difficult only due to the fact that we had a winter storm come through. That made if a bit difficult to get the long run in outside.
I did get some yaktrax but due to scheduling snafus I could not get the run in outside, I had to do it on the treadmill. Was not that happy about it, but I did get some miles in.
Not sure if anybody else has experienced this or not, but it does not appear that I can run as fast on the treadmill as I do outside. Of course my treadmill is old and a low end model, but I just thought that to be weird.
Anyway, I have been doing good on my running schedule during the week. I do enjoy the lunch time runs that I do at work. It helps to clear the mind and provide a nice break in the middle of the day. The only downside is that there is no shower facility to use. I bring a towel and lots of deodorant and do a wash in the sink. There is a private bath room that I can use to change and get cleaned up in so it is not that bad.
So after running at work 2 days a week I get up early in the morning and run for a couple of miles before getting ready for work. I have noticed that my pace is a little slower to start but I do tend to pick it up towards the end. If you have never run at 4:30 in the morning, try it once. It is one of the most peaceful feelings I have ever had.
Well nothing much else to talk about right now. Christmas is right around the corner, literally. This is going to be a challenging time as to when I am going to get my runs in but, we will get through this.
thanks for reading, promise to provide a more timely update next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment